PokeIsland
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
PokeIsland

Welcome, to the Island

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

FAQ: Reputation

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Snoogy
Admin
Admin
Snoogy

Male
Number of posts : 272
Friend Code : 0000 0000 0000

FAQ: Reputation Empty
PostSubject: FAQ: Reputation   FAQ: Reputation Icon_minitimeSat Mar 21, 2009 4:00 pm

This is to answer your questions about the Reputation Feature.

-------------------

What is rep?
Reputation is a system that allows you to let someone know what you think of a post they made. Reputation, when used correctly, can be a way to gauge a member's usefulness and overall post quality. Contradictorily, it can reveal members who don't stay on topic or contribute to the discussion. Essentially, rep governs who you are in the eyes of the other members.

How do I give rep?
Look for the button in someone's postbit that looks like a a plus on top of a minus:

Spoiler:
You can click either the + to give positive rep or - to give negative rep.

If you think the member has made a really useful or informative post then click on the +, which will givce positive reputation.

If you think that member made a rude or insulting post, choose the - sign.

How does rep work?
Members start at 0 rep. The more they are repped the higher their rep climbs. At certain points (rep count, post count, etc) a user's "rep power" increases, which makes their rep worth more.

How do I view my rep?
Your current rep is displayed under your avatar whenever you make a post. If you want to see how much rep a specific post or thread has gained you, then go to that post and look where there would be the "Give Rep" Button. This will either be red (you have received more negative than positive rep), [colour=grey]grey[/colour] (you have received equally amount of positive and negative rep) or [colour=green]green[/colour] (you have received more positive than negative rep).

Some of the rep I received was displayed as Gray! What is that?
Gray rep symbolizes the absence of rep. If you receive gray rep, that means that someone who has no "reputation power" has repped one of your posts. It will have no effect on your reputation level.

Are there any rules regarding rep?
Yes, a couple:

1. No trading rep. This happens on other forums, and it never turns out well. This community is unique, however, and I trust you guys to do the right thing.
  2. Use rep correctly. For example, don't try to negatively rep the same person whenever you get a chance just because you don't like them(or whatever reason you may have).

If either of these rules are broken, the rep system will be disabled.

What do I do if I know the rep system is being abused?
If, for one reason or another, you feel a person or group of people is abusing the rep system, immediately PM a member of the site staff and they will handle it.

-------------

Any other questions

Last edited by Snoogy on Mon Mar 23, 2009 10:59 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://pokeisland.forumotion.net
Squire Wants a Fenrir

Squire Wants a Fenrir

Male
Number of posts : 430
Friend Code : 060279008408 AC:CF

PostSubject: Re: FAQ: Reputation   FAQ: Reputation Icon_minitimeSun Mar 22, 2009 2:59 pm

Snoogy I don't think you pointed out where the button is correctly. I think it's the thing that looks like this at the top of all the posts...

+
-

Or something. I can't type it, but there's a plus on top of a line, and then a Minus on bottom.

If I'm wrong, I need some help looking for the scale thing.

EDIT: I found where you got this stuff from. My bad. But I'm hoping edits were/are coming. Razz
Back to top Go down
Snoogy
Admin
Admin
Snoogy

Male
Number of posts : 272
Friend Code : 0000 0000 0000

PostSubject: Re: FAQ: Reputation   FAQ: Reputation Icon_minitimeSun Mar 22, 2009 3:49 pm

Yeah, when nobody had posted, it was very hard to know where the rep was going to be and what it would look like. Thanks for pointing this out.

NOTE:
Reputation is found in the top right hand of a post!
Back to top Go down
https://pokeisland.forumotion.net
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: FAQ: Reputation   FAQ: Reputation Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

FAQ: Reputation
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
PokeIsland :: Site Stuff :: Site News and Important Info :: Important Information-
Jump to: