PokeIsland
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
PokeIsland

Welcome, to the Island

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

aaaaaaaaugh SAT

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
ptc

Number of posts : 41
Friend Code : 0000 0000 0000

aaaaaaaaugh SAT Empty
PostSubject: aaaaaaaaugh SAT   aaaaaaaaugh SAT Icon_minitimeThu Apr 09, 2009 1:59 am

i took it in march and just got my scores back and i only got a 2010. now i have to take it again otherwise it'll look bad on my transcript. maybe ill actually study before i take it next time. but im shooting for a 2200. ill be satisfied if i get that.

but yeah. has anyone already taken the sat? and if you did what'd you think?
Back to top Go down
It was fun...

It was fun...

Male
Number of posts : 92

aaaaaaaaugh SAT Empty
PostSubject: Re: aaaaaaaaugh SAT   aaaaaaaaugh SAT Icon_minitimeThu Apr 09, 2009 1:11 pm

A 2010 on an SAT is really good. I got around an 1800 but I only really tried on the Math and Reading sections because if those two sections add up to 1300 you get into some colleges automatically. On my second try I got the 1300 so I never really tried after that even though my mom made me take it two more times.

But overall its pretty easy.
Back to top Go down
Squire Wants a Fenrir

Squire Wants a Fenrir

Male
Number of posts : 430
Friend Code : 060279008408 AC:CF

aaaaaaaaugh SAT Empty
PostSubject: Re: aaaaaaaaugh SAT   aaaaaaaaugh SAT Icon_minitimeThu Apr 09, 2009 2:06 pm

Never taken it. Could someone explain the scoring please? Or something?
Back to top Go down
It was fun...

It was fun...

Male

aaaaaaaaugh SAT Empty
PostSubject: Re: aaaaaaaaugh SAT   aaaaaaaaugh SAT Icon_minitimeThu Apr 09, 2009 5:49 pm

There are 4 sections: Math, Reading, English(Grammar), and an essay. In each section the most points you can get is 800, but idk about the essay. Most colleges dont look at is so its not important atm. But if you miss a problem you lose 1/4 of a point.
Back to top Go down
Squire Wants a Fenrir

Squire Wants a Fenrir

Male

aaaaaaaaugh SAT Empty
PostSubject: Re: aaaaaaaaugh SAT   aaaaaaaaugh SAT Icon_minitimeThu Apr 09, 2009 6:00 pm

Oh, ok. Don't the good collages all look at those? I thought they looked at ACT and SAT. confused
Back to top Go down
It was fun...

It was fun...

Male

aaaaaaaaugh SAT Empty
PostSubject: Re: aaaaaaaaugh SAT   aaaaaaaaugh SAT Icon_minitimeThu Apr 09, 2009 7:55 pm

Well the ACT has a science section and no essay, and it may not have other parts but i'm not sure. I've never taken the ACT b/c i got automatic admission from the SAT. But all the colleges I looked into only look at the math and reading section. I havn't looked into it about the ivy league schools but i'll ask on monday when I go back to school. Ya because of Ike I go back to school the day after Easter.
Back to top Go down
ptc

aaaaaaaaugh SAT Empty
PostSubject: Re: aaaaaaaaugh SAT   aaaaaaaaugh SAT Icon_minitimeSat Apr 11, 2009 12:26 am

i'd cry if i got a 1300 on the sat. well not really. but seriously that would be disgraceful.

i dunno though, less than 2100 just doesnt seem like enough to me. i want some scholarships, i dont wanna have to pay for college. and 2000 just seems average, like not enough to impress colleges. maybe its just the mindset at my school cause two people in the past two years have gotten a perfect score on it and hella people get 2000+.
Back to top Go down
Squire Wants a Fenrir

Squire Wants a Fenrir

Male

aaaaaaaaugh SAT Empty
PostSubject: Re: aaaaaaaaugh SAT   aaaaaaaaugh SAT Icon_minitimeSat Apr 11, 2009 9:15 am

If you just get good grades in honors classes, and do extra curicular activities you can get a good scholarship to most places.
Back to top Go down
It was fun...

It was fun...

Male

aaaaaaaaugh SAT Empty
PostSubject: Re: aaaaaaaaugh SAT   aaaaaaaaugh SAT Icon_minitimeSat Apr 11, 2009 1:18 pm

ptc wrote:
i'd cry if i got a 1300 on the sat. well not really. but seriously that would be disgraceful.

i dunno though, less than 2100 just doesnt seem like enough to me. i want some scholarships, i dont wanna have to pay for college. and 2000 just seems average, like not enough to impress colleges. maybe its just the mindset at my school cause two people in the past two years have gotten a perfect score on it and hella people get 2000+.

If you read my post i got a 1300 on two sections, not on the entire test altogether.
Back to top Go down
ptc

aaaaaaaaugh SAT Empty
PostSubject: Re: aaaaaaaaugh SAT   aaaaaaaaugh SAT Icon_minitimeThu Apr 16, 2009 6:40 pm

ooooooooh ok. i dunno how i missed that. that makes a lot more sense now. i was like "damn, colleges accept 1300's?"

and squire, i hella hope that's true cause if it is then i should be set =D

too bad im too lazy to find out how to actually get a scholarship.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

aaaaaaaaugh SAT Empty
PostSubject: Re: aaaaaaaaugh SAT   aaaaaaaaugh SAT Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

aaaaaaaaugh SAT
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
PokeIsland :: General Stuff :: General Chat-
Jump to: